Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog post #6

Personal Learning Networks, also known as PLN, is a powerful tool that allows teachers to connect with other teachers across the country. These connections are made through social media including twitter, facebook, Google+, and Linkedin. Using PLN teachers can also ask for assistance. Teachers can consult with each other about lesson plans

Personal Learning Networks are created by using different tools. One example that we use as students would be the C4C's, C4T's, and C4K's. We may be able to get advice and teachers to be involved with our own PLN's.

Stephen Anderson says that PLN's are just a tool and a way teachers extend their communication. The PLN allows others to not have to know everything. With the PLN they can join in with others to elaborate on their ideas and make them better.

I have never had a PLN personally. Of course I gave a twitter and facebook, but a PLN no. I like this idea a lot but I disagree as well. I like the idea of PLN, talking to other teachers around the world. I could get their opinior or knowledge on a specific top I wanted to know more about.The thing I disagree on is, starring at my computer all the time. I rarely am on the computer and having to constantly be on the commuter chatting with others would take away time from my students. If I had to say a PLN of mine would consist of, Facebook, and Pinterest that is it.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelsey! I am totally with you, I agree and disagree with having a PLN. I love the idea of them. Like getting help from others when you need it. But I also do not like the idea of them for the same reason you have. I believe the more human interaction one has, the more they will learn. Being a teacher, I do not want to be sitting in front of my computer all day and I do not want my students in front of it either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use it when needed. That will cut down on the time you stare at the computer.

    ReplyDelete