Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blog Post #12



Assistive technology is such a great way to help others in school. Assistive technology  is any tool that helps students with disabilities do things more quickly, easily or independently. It can be elaborate and expensive or simple and low-cost. Assistive technology services are supports for using assistive technology devices, such as assistive technology evaluations, equipment maintenance, technical assistance, demonstration or training.  Since I have been in this class, we have learned a great deal about iPads being in most classrooms these days. So I decided to do my own research on different assistive technology apps for iPads. During my research I found so many great apps. I never knew there were this many for kids, and I think it is amazing. 

                                           
The first app I found very interesting is the Every day Social Skills. This app is designed to help teach and reinforce basic social skills. I really enjoyed reading about this app. These days, children have such bad social skills. With bullying, peer pressure, and diversity children are afraid to even make a friend. This app would be so helpful with children struggling.  The next app I researched about is the Dragon Dictation. This app allows students to talk into the iPad, and the iPad responds with text of what you said, also called voice recognition. This app would be very helpful to not only disabled kids, but teachers, principals, parents, any one.  The last app I would like to discuss is the myHomework app. This app would be for students struggling with time management, organization, or just trouble in remembering.  MyHomework is a student planner on the iPad. It has a full calender, a place for notes, as well as an reminder software for your everyday life. I found so many more great assistive technology apps here, if you would like to learn more about them. 



link     link
    link   link      link for sources

1 comment:

  1. I really like the apps that you decided to write about. They are all very useful for students. The one I found most interesting is the MyHomework. Everyone (at times) gets behind with what they need to do. With this app I believe more students would use this because it is a technology based asset. I believe they would be more attracted to this app because it would keep up with everything that they need to do without them having to remember. Very good post. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete