Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blog Post #10

    What can we learn from Sir Ken Robinson? First I will start off by saying I loved watching this video. His accent is so interesting, it is not everyday I get to hear an accent that is not southern. I learned so many many things from him. To start off with, Sir Ken Robinson started his talk about humans making very poor use of their talents. He mentions that many go through life without knowing their true talents. I believe one hundred and fifty percent on this statement. This statement is so very true, I honestly do not know what my talent is yet. So hearing him talking about this really caught my attention. Sir Ken Robinson believes that students don't always need to go to college right away. That they can go later on when their talents are shown and they're wants in life are discovered. Another thing that we learned from him is a very interesting statement. Sir Ken Robinson said that our education is becoming like the fast food industry. He mentions that our education is depleting students passion and talents, just as fast food depletes our body. I really enjoyed listening to his different stories he would tell for an example. One story he told is about his wife. His wife recently wrote a book, and would be gone for hours. He used this example for passion. He expressed that whenever someone has passion time goes by so quickly. This is a very true statement. I feel it is so very important for everyone to have a passion in life. In my future teaching I will remember Sir Ken Robinson and his video. The number one thing I will remember is that everyone has talents. I will be sure to try and bring out the talents of my students.

3 comments:

  1. Great post. Very informative. Seems like you got a lot out of this video. I enjoyed reading this post and it did a good job of summarizing what you learned from the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put Kelsey. I really enjoyed reading your blog about how we should discover our talents and how we should explore ourselves to find out what we are passionate about. You seem to have been very motivated by what Ken Robinson said in his video. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The number one thing I will remember is that everyone has talents. I will be sure to try and bring out the talents of my students." Students need creative freedom in the classroom because not everyone's mind is the same.

    Be sure to include working hyperlinks in every blog post. If you need help with this, one of the lab assistants will be happy to help you.

    ReplyDelete