Thursday, March 13, 2014

C4T #2

C4T #1 

For this C4T #I was given the pleasure of reading Edna Sackson's blog. She describes herself as an teacher, learner, and an inquirer. The first post I was assigned was about Edna explaining inquiry teachers teach. This post was very interesting she posted other teachers comments on how they teach. A teacher posted a great post about teaching her students how to take responsibility for their own learning. I commented in saying I completely agree on teaching students how to take responsibility. Yes as teachers and future teachers we need to be an aid to them but in reality they will be on their own in the world. I also commented on the quote she posted in her blog. Traditional pedagogy sees the teacher provide a set of instructions, make sure everyone ‘knows what to do’, explain everything and THEN students might be given some time to do a task themselves. It’s about 80% teacher led and 20% student. Inquiry-based pedagogy gets kids doing, thinking and investigating – and the explicit teaching happens in response to what the teacher sees and hears. The 80:20 ration is reversed. Good inquiry teachers know how to get more kids thinking more deeply more of the time. This was the quote she posted, I commented on this quote specifically because of the detail. I really enjoyed reading about the percentages and ratio of students that are taught through inquiry. 


C4T #2

For this post I continued to read Edna Sacksons blog. For this post she wrote about collaborative reflection.  Some key points she wrote were relaxation, inspiration,  integration, investigation, application, and presentation. I enjoyed reading each one of these topics. I took in some of her information for myself. I replied to her post thanking her for allowing me to read her post and giving me great information. I continued thanking her for the information that I would use for my future teaching. 


link: http://whatedsaid.wordpress.com/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment